Pages

DB3460

Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

December recipes!! mmmmm....

Hello everyone! and welcome to December at Blog-A-doodle.  I am sure everyone is very busy this month with  Christmas just around the corner.  I am not sure if it is good or bad but my house is not nearly as busy since my children are on their own but we do all get excited about being together on Christmas Eve.

I thought it would be fun this year to perhaps share some of our favorite food recipes.  Who knows what we might come up with.  I know I would love to share your favorites and I am sure the others would too. Please either leave them in a comment or email me and I will post them.

To start it off I am posting a favorite at our household - Butter Tarts.  I make the really small ones (so it doesn't look like you eat as many - LOL)  My family doesn't think it is Christmas without them and neither does our neighbour!
Butter Tart Filling: 

3 eggs

1 cup corn syrup

1 cup sugar
2 tblsp butter melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisings and or pecans (optional)
Short Crust Pastry:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into 1 inch (2.54 cm) pieces
1/8 to 1/4 cup ice water

Beat eggs lightly with fork in bowl. Add corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir until blended. Spoon raisins into tart shells, pour in filling, two-thirds full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or just until set. Freezes well. makes 24 tarts (large) - 48 small
You can cheat and use store bought crust and they still taste as good. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.